Monday, February 07, 2005

...and it begins

This site was created for the purpose of writing down notes and thoughts about the various stories I’m currently working on. I’m hoping that it will help me to organize my work as well as provide a way for the people who are helping me to know what is going on with the stories (especially in the case of one particular story).

I mainly work on fan-fiction. That means the characters (or universes) that I write about have been created by someone else and are owned by them. Fan-Fiction is done purely for fun and with permission (in that they don’t stop us) from the authors. All credit for non-original characters and settings are given to the author they belong to.

With that said, I mainly concern myself with Star Wars, Stargate, and Harry Potter fan-fiction. Although I also am quite fond of Lord of the Rings, I can’t bring myself to read (with the exception of one) or write anything about Middle Earth. I’m quite content with the actual published work. Anyway, there are three stories I’m currently working on. By working on I mean gathering information about how the fictional universe works, figuring out plot, creating characters and history, and all those wonderful things. Only after that can the stories be written. So…

(1) The first story I’m working on concerns the Jedi Order and is set in Old Republic times sometime before The Phantom Menace (I haven’t decided exactly how long before). It is a story about a Jedi Master and a Jedi Student and how they come to be Master and Apprentice. The main characters are my own (as in original characters).
It shall be referred to as Jedi Apprentice 1.

(2) The second story I’m working on is, in a way, a continuation of the first. It is about the Jedi Student (now a Knight) and how she comes to take her first apprentice.
This story will be referred to as Jedi Apprentice 2.

(3) The third is probably the largest and most time consuming thing in history (at least it sometimes seems like it). This project comes from an extreme dislike of the fifth Harry Potter book (I hated it) and a vow to write my own version of the fifth year. So, that is what it is… My version of Order of the Phoenix (and it shall be referred to as such).

At the moment that is all I’m working on in the way of stories. I have several other ideas I’d like to eventually write, but I’d like to finish these three first. I say that as if it is possible to finish these three. We will see.

No comments: